can help with your networking needs, such as:
- When your information does venture out across the wires,
it is essentially broadcast to the world so that anyone (with
a sufficient amount of technical knowledge) choosing to eavesdrop
can do so. Strong yet simple-to-use cryptographic mechanisms
such as Virtual Private Networking (VPN) can be employed to prevent
- Once connected to the Internet,
your servers may be subject to unwanted use and/or abuse
by people (crackers)
who may not respect the rules for use or boundaries of access
that you have set up. Software and hardware techniques, known
collectively as firewalling, can provide varying
degrees of protection from such unwarranted access. CoMedia can analyze
your needs, suggest a course of action and implement solutions.
- Communications design
- CoMedia is comfortable with everything from a 28.8K modem to an
OC-48 fiber channel and has experience configuring Cisco and Bay
routers. In addition, we can hook up email servers e.g. Sendmail and
Qmail. We're also well-versed in web proxies, network monitors and
- Choosing the right service provider, obtaining a domain name
and configuring your name server are just a few
of the many services that we offer in this area.
Our experience gives you confidence that the choices you make will
support you and your business for years to come.
- Hardware and Operating system selection
- Your budget and operating requirements are key in determining
what hardware and operating system you will use.
CoMedia is at home on Mac, UNIX and Windows NT 4.0+ based systems.
We can help you specify, purchase and configure your new system
and integrate it with existing equipment.
- Applications and Tools
- We can help you specify, obtain and configure tools to help you make
the most of your computers and networks. We have extensive experience
- productivity tools such as
- communication servers such as
- programming tools such as
- crypto-systems such as
- database engines and utilities such as
- firewalls from
- switches, routers and load balancers from
Nortel Networks and
- Logging and Auditing
- Auditing the usage of your site can both help you profile its
usage (and thus tune it to your customer base) and provide insights
into market or social trends.
- Network and Web-Based Programming
- Perl, Java and databases help create
compelling, unique and context-sensitive web site experiences.
We have a deep background in CGI and have been moving more and
more systems to Java in recent months.
- Coping with information overload
- This is the primary mission of our sister company,
In the meantime,
we can help you integrate several existing technologies
(searching, indexing, web spidering and robots)
to help with this ever-growing challenge.